¡Hola todos!
I´m in Spain finally, and it is awesome! Getting here was a little crazy...it took about 24 hours of traveling and I was exhausted once we arrived. On the flight from Vienna to Madrid, there were about 14 students from BYU with me, so I wasn´t worried about not knowing where to go. It was funny to have 14 of us walking in one big mass in the metro all pulling two huge rolling bags, haha, it definitely got everyone´s attention!
I met my family the second day here, and they are great. They are members of the church, which makes me feel really at home. My madre y padre is Susie and Paco, and they have two sons Miguel, who is 17, and Fran, who is 14. The sons are really nice and funny. Susie is very enthusiastic about everything, and loves to cook :) and so far the Spanish food is delicious! I haven´t met Paco yet; he´s been out of town for work and should be home tonight.
The language is pretty hard to understand right now because they all talk so fast!!! I think I´m starting to get used to that, and I´m beginning to understand a lot more of what they are saying. The biggest problem is when I try to say something-it never comes out making any sense, haha. I keep telling myself it´s all part of the experience, and it´s gonna come sooner or later. I absolutely love it though. We start classes on Tuesday, and then we´ll start traveling next week, I believe. I can´t wait to see everything here! I especially can´t wait to go to a soccer game! I wish I had some pictures to put up, but that will have to wait. Well, I guess that´s all I have to say right now...hasta luego!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Callie!
Sounds like you are very excited, and ready to have a great adventure! Make some great memories, you'll have a blast.
Thanks for keeping us updated, we look forward to reading each new story!
Love,
Chris, Laura, and Dallin Max
Hey Callie
Rob was stoked to hear that you'll be going to a soccer game and he wishes that he could be there to eat the food with you. As for me, I'm so excited for you - what a great adventure! Take lots of pictures and put them onto your blog. It's easier if you use onetruemedia.com or slide.com to upload them and then put them on your blog. Can't wait to hear from you again! We love you and miss you already!
Love, Kari, Robbie, Hayden and Ana
Post a Comment